Terms of Service
If you book a cleaning with Maggy Maid, you agree to our following Terms of Service. Maggy Maid is a house cleaning referral agency. The cleaners we refer are independent domestic workers. Maggy Maid takes pride in referring reliable, experienced and hard-working cleaners. Please check back on this page, as these terms may update without us notifying you. If you have any questions regarding these terms, please email or call us and we will be happy to explain them in further detail.
Last updated: May 23, 2017
1. An appointment is considered confirmed when you book online with your credit card or you submit your card over the phone and verbally confirm the appointment. A $50 cancellation fee will be applied within 24 hours of your appointment.
2. If you have an issues with your cleaners or their cleaning, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Claims Department within 24 hours after the job was done. Your claim will be responded to in the order in which we received it in 1-3 business days. Remember email is the fastest way to get our attention and resolve your concerns in this matter due to our high call volume on a daily basis.
3. Our rates are $60 per hour for a team of 2 cleaners Monday - Saturday, $70 per hour on Sunday and $70 per hour for a Move In / Move Out / Post-construction cleaning 7 days a week. The rates are non-negotiable as they are set by the cleaners, not the agency, unless otherwise advised. Gratuity is optional and not required if you don't feel 100% satisfied.
4. There is a 1-2 hour window of arrival for the cleaners. Based on many factors, such as traffic, finding new homes, finding parking, bringing in equipment and navigating from one home to another, we cannot guarantee exact arrival times. The cleaners try their best to arrive towards the beginning of the arrival window. If they need an arrival adjustment, we will notify the customer.
5. The maids we refer are hard working people. They count on Maggy Maid to collect payment for them. Cleaners make a living on your payment. If you are not 100% satisfied with the cleaning result, Maggy Maid will offer assistance for both you and cleaners to achieve the best possible agreement. Maggy Maid does not offer free cleanings.
6. We work with the maids based on their own schedules. Maggy Maid cannot guarantee the same maids every time as schedules fluctuate. We will let you know in advance if anything changes with your appointment. We will try our best to ensure that your request will be answered in a timely manner.
7. All bookings processed online or by email are for general cleanings only. This implies that your home has been cleaned within the past three months and is in reasonable condition. If not, we suggest you add the Deep Cleaning extra for a more detailed cleaning. The maids we refer will consult with you before the cleaning begins to assure that every one's expectations are set at the beginning.
8. We suggest that if it your first time booking a cleaning from us or a booking with a new team, that you are present at the beginning of the cleaning to have an initial walk through with the maids. We also suggest that you arrange to either be present for the duration of the cleaning or return 10 minutes before the maids are finishing so you can see the cleaning they did in the final walk through.
9. Please provide parking opportunity for maids. An appointment will be considered "cancelled" and the $50 cancellation fee will be applied if cleaners have to leave due to parking inconvenience.
10. Maggy Maid reserves the right to refuse service to an unreasonable request.
Our goal is to provide a reliable cleaning referral, so you can sit back and relax when you book with us.
Maggy Maid is not the employer of the domestic worker that is referred to you. The domestic worker may be an employee, or an independent contractor, depending on the relationship between the client and the independent housekeeper. Generally, if the client directs and controls the manner and means by which the housekeeper performs his or her work, the client may have employer responsibilities including employment taxes and workers compensation, under state and federal law. For additional information contact your local Employment Development Department and the Internal Revenue Service.